My Photo
Name:
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC, United States

I am a Certified Nurse Midwife. I am creating this blog as a way to journal my births - for my own personal and professional growth and to share the beauty of normal birth. My faith walk is very much tied up with midwifery. Midwifery has taught me just about everything I've learned about God. Update-now that it's been nearly 2 years since God allowed me to practice as a midwife, I have found that He reveals Himself in MANY ways if we seek Him. And he has been teaching me to seek Him, regardless of what work he calls me to. New update, I've been working as a "real" nurse midwife for a year and this blog has "morphed" into sharing my journey through life, whether it be from home, work, family. LIFE teaches us, not just our life work.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Terrible Twos Already?

That post about the kids being a lot of fun...ahem, I take that back. As of right now, Sadie has jumped up and down and cried pretty much continuously, with rare "listening" breaks for 67 minutes straight. It has been over 3 hours since she first showed signs of being ready for a nap and perhaps I put her off too long. She usually cries less than 15 seconds when I put her down! I've been back in there 3 times in the last 60 minutes to retrieve her blanket from the floor where it has been cast and to gently tell her "nighty, night, Nanna loves you, it's time for nap now." Only for it to start all over again....so, what's a Nanna (or mommy or daddy) to do???

1 Comments:

Blogger The Bellands said...

OH MY GOSH! (I'm at work right now, reading this.) 67 minutes? What is wrong with that girl? What is her deal? I told Aaron she is my "Marley" right now (from Marley & Me) -- she is a problem, inconvenient, and out of control, but I love her and can't just get rid of her!

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home