My Photo
Name:
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC, United States

I am a Certified Nurse Midwife. I am creating this blog as a way to journal my births - for my own personal and professional growth and to share the beauty of normal birth. My faith walk is very much tied up with midwifery. Midwifery has taught me just about everything I've learned about God. Update-now that it's been nearly 2 years since God allowed me to practice as a midwife, I have found that He reveals Himself in MANY ways if we seek Him. And he has been teaching me to seek Him, regardless of what work he calls me to. New update, I've been working as a "real" nurse midwife for a year and this blog has "morphed" into sharing my journey through life, whether it be from home, work, family. LIFE teaches us, not just our life work.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

More Brotherly Love

At the pool today, Sadie (the fearless water baby) was laying on her tummy on one of the round floating toys and was surrounded by little girls about 4 or 5 years old who were all playing with her. When I told Ashton, "look at Sadie up on that round thing" he nearly sprinted through the hip deep water over to her and said to the girls "hey, she's just little". It was so precious. The girls weren't bothering her and she was in fact relishing the attention, but big brother perceived a potential threat to his baby sister's safety and demonstrated again that he takes his role as the big brother/protector very seriously. So heartwarming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home